Thursday, October 8, 2009

About SheLift

This is my new blog about my new obsession - weight lifting! 

I want a place to track my progress and all the goofy things I will eventually get into or come across on my way.  When my father passed away in December, I felt lost and without direction. A friend pushed me to get active, set goals, I started out with 15 minutes a day and quickly started working with a trainer.  Fitness has saved me during this first year, and now I am hoping to compete soon in a deadlifting competition and hope to make this part of my life permanently.

The world of weightlifting is an odd one to navigate, and often I feel like cracking up while at the same time being totally into the thing I'm mocking. 

This will be another way for me to stay motivated and hopefully connect me with people that are doing the same thing, so I can learn more!

No comments:

Post a Comment