Thursday, October 8, 2009

B Day

These are days I work with my trainer Bernard.  He is a Powerlifter and I got interested in the possibility of my own participation in a competition once I started working with him on a regular basis.  He pushes me and shows me that I can and should lift heavier than I think.  I spent 6 months working out with him in regular training sessions.  Now, our sessions are deadlifting training, with supplementary exercises.

He has started to have the sneaking suspicion that I will want to bench and squat eventually competitively, so today we worked on bench.

I'm just beginning, which is the point of this blog, to chart my growth.

Here is what we did today:
Deadlift
135 lbs    1 x 10
165 lbs    2 x 10
195 lbs    2 x 5

I struggled with that last set....got frustrated a bit with form.  My max so far has been a one time lift of 225lbs.

Bench
65 lbs   1 x 10
95 lbs   3 x 10

Supplementary
Hyperextensions
55lbs - 4 x 10
Tricep pulldown
40lbs - 3 x 10
PecDeck
85lbs - 1 x 10
70 lbs - 2 x 10

I was happy about my bench, I felt I could do more...but I hadn't hit 95lbs yet.  Bernard also spent a lot of time on proper form, and it was nice to feel my body get it today.

Bernard Competing
Here is Bernard.

No comments:

Post a Comment