Sunday, May 2, 2010

Training!

I'm starting my new training schedule for the next Powerlifting competition.

Here are my goals :

- To make 2 out of all 3 lifts.


- To lift heavier than any 11 year olds that may be entering this competition.





- To remember to NOT wear my knee high socks before the Deadlift.  Sheesh, was that a rookie move.







I'm not going to list everything I'm doing individually - because I don't have my list in front of me.  I put it all on a dry erase calendar above my desk.  It's fantastic!
Here it is in a nutshell :

6 Days a week of lifting and 5 Days a week of Cardio until the first week of June, then down to 3x/week...until I have to cut it out completely, which is probably 3 weeks before the competition.

Each week I work on all three lifts.  I start at lifting 65% of my max for each lift, spending 2 weeks there perfecting form and drilling that in.  Then I start upping the weight each week.



Max Goals


Deadlift - 250






Bench - 120







Squat - 205








Each day I'm also doing supporting exercises. 

Mon - Upper Push
Tues - Lower Pull - Plyo
Wed - Upper Pull - 30 min cardio
Thurs - Lower Push - 30 min cardio
Fri- Upper Push - 30 min cardio
Sat - Lower Push - 30 min cardio
Sun - Complete Rest



Push & Pull - meaning the type of exercises I'm doing each day. 
So a Lower Pull day would be a relatively quick day with Leg Curls, Adduction, Hip Flexion and maybe Stiff Legged Deadlift.



Each of these are a max of 10 reps as we start out and then will go down to 6-8 reps, as the weight increases. 

My goal is to post something every other day to keep my mind focused and my eye on the prize.
You know, the eat, breathe etc stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment