Saturday, April 3, 2010

Fun!

I have been a bit bored this week, which is a sign that I need to shake it up.  I've been doing the same thing for about 5 weeks now, so it's time.  I have 3 more weeks before I start training for my next competition.  I've stuck with my nutrition this week, which feels good.  I am determined to 1) get into the weight class that I have tried for on my last two competitions and 2) unwrap the f***ing package man, I work hard!


I met up today with Jason and here's the workout that I came up with...it was quick and fun.

Warm Up
Jumprope - 100 reps
Leaping Lunges (plyolunges) - 10




Bench Jumpovers - 15-20





Box Jumps - 2 sets, 10 reps


Kettlebells - 3 sets

Swing - 10 reps, I used 35#, Jason 50#


High Grab - 10 reps each arm, I used 20#, Jason 35#


Windmill - 5 reps each side, I used 15#, Jason 35#


This was the first time I had really used kettlebells.  They are interesting, and fun.  I like the fluid motion and the effort required to control the weight.


Abs

Knee up crunches on the swiss ball - 3 sets, 10 reps
Cable Woodchopper - 3 sets, 10 reps each side.  I used 25#, Jason 35#.




We kept the knee crunches low today, because we were trying something new.  Next time it would be 3 sets, 20 reps.


This workout was fun, it was moderate, and quick.  We are going to do this again next Saturday.

We tried something new too, it is a glute exercise I've wanted to try.  I've seen it in magazines and havfe avoided it because it takes a lot of space in the gym.  But, the gym was somewhat empty today, so we gave it a shot.  I really like it, I can see it being tough, we used light weight just to figure out the form.


No comments:

Post a Comment