Monday, February 22, 2010

One week to go!

I have been working hard for my first full meet on February 27th, at the State competition.

Right now I'm resting for a week, which is frustrating, because I'm super excited and want to deadlift like crazy.   I was down a bit for the past month, not sure, feeling weak and then rebounding from a diagnoses of anemia and correcting that so I can lift.

Last week on Tuesday I deadlifted 250!!  That was a first for me.  I was incredibly excited, then on Thursday we did a mock competition and I could barely lift 200lbs, and couldn't budge 225 lbs.  So, that is how it goes.
Bench, I couldn't get 105, and Squat my max was 175...I tried for 195 but couldn't get it.  I was really disheartened that day, feeling like I've been wasting my time.

Then, I started watching a ton of videos on YouTube videos of powerlifters, that really gets me excited and looking forward to the competition.

I'm nervous, but I know I can lift, so it's just doing what I've been trained for.

After this, I'm going to do a 6 week cardio blast with a focus on getting definition, and show off all my hard work!

I'll be posting my results and videos this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment