Saturday, March 13, 2010

Cardio Blitz

I just completed my second week of cardio.  Cardio is tough for me, I love to lift...and I know that cardio is the key to 'unwrapping the package'.  So, I have developed a 6 week plan, to fit in between Powerlifting training.  I have another competition in June. 

Here is what I'm doing :

1 x week - Slow walk uphill.  Incline 10-15  Speed 3.0-3.9  40-60 minutes

2 x week - 10 Min on the Eliptical, 20 incline, 3-5 resistance for 10 minutes.  30-40 min on the treadmill, varying incline and speed...running sprints.

2 x week - Plyo - 100 reps jumprope, 20 burpees, 2 sets of 10 box jumps, sprints, 15 vertical leaps.  All of this 3 times.

I've done it every day, and I feel great about it.  The Plyo cardio is tough, but really awesome.  I wanted to shake it up and jump start my weight loss.  I need to fit this type of training in and hit it hard between PL competitions, because I need to cut my cardio about 3 weeks before any competition.

My workouts have increased to about 1hr 45 minutes.  But I want to get a small taste of what it will be like to work towards a figure competition.  This is really just a small taste of that, I know.

I worked with my trainer on all of this, here is what I'm doing for strength training each week:

Workout 1 - 4 sets x 10 reps      
Weak Point Training

Back/Chest
Lat Pull(60) - Incline or Cable Chest Press(20DB)
Bi/Tri
DB Curl (15)/Assisted Dips(55)
Soulders/Tri/Bi
DB Press(15)/Pressdown(30)/Cable Curl w/Bar(30)

ABS - Leg Raise, Weighted Crunches/Twists

Workout 2 - 4 sets x 10 reps        
Weak Point Training - Complimentary

Bi/Back
Preacher Curls(25)/Assist Pull Ups(40)
Tri
Dips off the Bench/Overhead DB Ext. (20)
Back
Flat Row (bent over or dual pulley)(40)/T-Bar Row(35)

ABS - Ball Crunches/Torso XT w/weights/Leg Raise on Bench

Workout 3 - Legs! 4 sets x 10 reps 

Leg XT (70)/Squats (95)
Leg Curl (105/90)/Glute Mach (80/70)
Leg Press (180)/Single Step Up (10)
Lunges (40)

Workout 4 - Support Day 4 sets x 10 reps
Shrugs (95)/Forearm Rope (5)
Back XT (50)/Knee Up Hip Flexion (40)
Pull Ups (negatives)/Lat Pull (70)

ABS - Side Crunches w/Ball/Hanging Leg Raises

5th workout is with my trainer!

I'm doing this for 4 more weeks, then I start up with Powerlifting again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment